Beauty: My New Year Skincare Regime


Sara's New Year Skincare Regime


I don't think I have posted about skincare in a while but what better way than to kickstart the new year by doing so.

So, I have always been about makeup since I was 19/20 which is roughly when I started to wear it.  I have always worn skincare but I haven't been crazy about it.  Now with me being 30, I have realised the importance of looking after your skin. I am thankful that whilst I did go through a stage of teenage spots, my skin is looking at its best.

With regards, to skincare I don't think you have to purchase high end products. It's all about the products, ingredients and how they perform on your skin. For example, my skin is normal/dry whereas my sister's skin is sensitive so we don't tend to use the same products on our skin, as it reacts differently. I like to use a mix of products and I do switch it up at times, as over time some products stop working as your skin has become immune to it. 

I am going to list and provide a brief explanation of the products that are currently in my skincare regime for 2018.

My Skincare Regime ( Top - Bottom)

1. Soap & Glory 'Peaches and Clean' Cream Cleanser: I actually first heard of this from 'Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog' ( I don't think she blogs anymore). I was intrigued and bought it whilst it was on a promo offer from Boots. I was literally hooked until after I purchased it and I continue to purchase it now. It is so creamy with a subtle peachy smell but the formula thoroughly cleanses my skin, leaving it smooth. For reference, I use this every morning and evening.

2. Bioderma Hydrabio Micellar Water: My sister got me using Bioderma and I haven't looked back. I will admit I have used the red/pink  and green topped waters and have stayed with this one since forever. It is a fragrance free water which is to be used to cleanse the face of makeup. I use it as a cleanser and at times as a toner. It refreshes and hydrates my skin really well.

3. Paula's Choice 8% AHA Exfoliant Lotion: This product is new. I originally used the 2% BHA which was amazing at chemically exfoliating my skin, leaving it so smooth and radiant. But I decided to try this one, as apparently it is supposed to deep clean your pores more. So far, consistency is lightweight and fragrance free. It sinks into my skin well, but I will only know the results after about a month so I will keep you updated. Please note, if you use and AHA/BHA it is extremely important to wear SPF.

4. Soap & Glory No Pores Scrub: This is basically a product I have had from last year which is a gritty exfoliator. It is a good product but probably one I would not repurchase. I am aiming to use it up and focus on using the Paula's Choice ones.

5. Liz Earle SuperSkin Eye Bright Cream: I LOVED this so much last year and this is my third bottle. It is fragrance free, lightweight moisturiser for the eyes. I have found that it really brightens up the eye area especially when you massage it too. My only gripe is that the bottle is quite heavy for such little product. 

6. The Ordinary 'Buffet' Serum: Again, this is a new purchase. I am hoping it performs as well as the Kiehls Hydro Plumping Serum I used to have and the Bioderma Hydrabio. I bought this because of the rave reviews and the price too. Out of the serums I have previously tried, this is the cheapest one, so it will be interesting to see if it delivers results.

7.The Body Shop SPF 50 Essence: This is AMAZING! When I started to use AHA/BHA products I went on the hunt to find an inexpensive SPF and I read so many reviews hyping this one. I decided to give it a go and I have to agree with all the other reviewers. This essence is milky, lightweight and absorbs so well onto the skin. It provides enough protection and I will definitely repurchase when this is finished.

8. The Ordinary Rose Hip Seed Oil: I was watching an interview with Victoria Beckham a while back and she was listing some of her favourite skincare products. I originally used to use Vitamin E Oil but have now changed to Rose Hip Seed oil and find that it really nourishes my skin overnight leaving it super smooth in the morning. I have already re-purchased a back up!

So, did I mention any of your skincare products? What do you prefer to use? Let me know, below!

Sara xx

No comments