The Review: Jubilee Hair Salon, Central London

One of the first things I always do when I'm back in England is have a hair cut at my favorite hair salon. I've been going here since I moved to London to study and have continued to go ever since. The salon is called Jubilee and was originally situated on Denmark Street near Holborn/Tottenham Court Road tube stations. It's an oriental salon meaning its staff are from South Korea, Japan and China and they tend to cater more towards Oriental clientele. They have since moved to Holborn which is still pretty much around the corner.

I'll admit they're expensive but totally worth it considering I get my hair cut there twice a year. They know my hair and how I like it cut to how I style it and that's really important as a client. The one thing I can't stand is when a hair stylist does what they want to and talks you out of what you want your hair to be like. Jubilee definitely does not do this which gives them extra points from me.

So my hair stylist is called Mika, who is so lovely! I've been going to her now for 5 years and even though I get the same hair cut and with some slight changes she really knows me well! I should also note I've had Yumiko, Tiger and Yoshi all of which were AMAZING! (Yumiko and Tiger no longer work there).

For £60 (this depends on the length of your hair), your hair is washed complete with a hair massage and it's cut and styled to how you want it. I visited 3 weeks ago and had my split ends chopped off and layers cut back into my hair along with my side fringe. As I was going out for dinner that day I asked Mika to curl it for me which she did so beautifully.






I have to add that the service is impeccable as I always get asked if I'd like a drink and magazines whilst I'm getting my hair cut. Mika and I have great conversations about everything and anything and I always look forward to when I see her after a long break.

So if you're on the hunt for a new hair stylist who is decent and cuts hair exceptionally well then visit Jubilee Hair Salon. They have actually launched an online booking system which I tend to use now as it's more convenient for me.

The Verdict:  Overall Jubilee deserve a 10/10 from me as they are probably the best hair stylists in London.

Thank you so much for reading.
Sara

No comments